- This much will kill you.
- Forget shallow thoughts. Here are some deep thoughts.
- Really well-done review of Alex Epstein’s The Moral Case For Fossil Fuels.
- Okay, I’ve changed my mind. Donald Trump for President.
- Jerry Seinfeld’s children’s lemonade stand shut down by authorities. Come on…who ARE these people?
- How the ballpoint pen ruined cursive. Truth be told, I don’t even remember how to write in cursive.
- This article on how we should stop viewing work as a chore and start viewing it as a source of fulfillment is both fascinating and frustrating. Part of what’s frustrating is how the author assumes that achieving a fulfilling career is the responsibility, not of each individual, but of employers and society as a whole. Oh, and I got a huge kick out of this. In describing how some workers choose to make less money in exchange for greater job fulfillment, he gives a list of (altruist-tinged) examples, climaxing in this gem: “Wall Street analysts move to Washington to work as economic advisers in government.”
- Quote of the Day: “The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised.” -George Will
Like what you see? Sign up for my newsletter, Opportunity Digest, and receive a free PDF of my book RooseveltCare: How Social Security Is Sabotaging the Land of Self-Reliance.